Saturday, August 29, 2009

Zamtasticalness




The top picture is a sunset as seen on the path to my house. The next photo is my hut with chimbuzi in the background. The next photo is of my fellow Tumbuka friends/students/soon-to-be neighbors inside our classroom! left to right: Cherie, Dan, and Scott.

So I chopped off my hair! My friend Leah chopped hers off with me. Here are our before and after photos. And actually, mine got trimmed down a little more than what's in the picture to even things out.
I leave tomorrow to visit my site for a week. From what I've heard (and I will know more after next week), it is right on the Zambia/Malawi border! During that time I will get a P.O. Box. Please, stop sending mail to the Lusaka address now and wait for me to put up my new one.

We are having a dance party tonight! wooooo!

I can't remember what I posted on the last blog so I don't know what to say on this one! I feel like I'm leaving out important details so email me some questions and I will try to answer them on the next blog.

The weather is getting windy and is warming up. Things are supposed to get really hot and dry. Then, at the very beginning of November the bottom of the sky will fall out and it will rain almost non-stop until March. But for now it is mild and the stars are beautiful at night. I have seen a shooting star and have watched a full cycle of the moon. Being outside almost all the time, I am really paying more attention to nature....yes, even more than I did in NHH and growing up on the ranch. There are a heck of a lot of bugs.

Here are the coordinates for my hut (just during training): s15 21 57.97 e28 41 43.98
Put them into google earth to see my roof! :)

Mukhale makola! (stay well)

1 comment: