Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day

I just watched a spectacular fireworks display in Houston with Jim my love, Monkey my brother (with me in the picture to the left), and Will my fantastic friend! This year marks the 40th year anniversary of man landing on the moon....so Houston celebrated by putting on the largest fireworks display in North America.

I have officially left Lubbock. I'm sorry if I did not get to see you before I left, but my time is limited and there is still so much to do. I will miss the west Texas sunsets and I look forward to the day I will be able to return to the place of my birth. Take care fellow Lubbuckians! I love you and will miss you dearly.

So for staging, I will actually be leaving Dallas on July 21st and heading to Arlington, V.A. I will be there for a little over 24 hours before flying out to Africa on the 22nd. I am sad about all the people and things I will miss, but I am still very excited about the crazy journey ahead of me. I also broke down and bought my very first (and possibly last) ipod...I've gotta take my music with me somehow. woo technology....I hope (but don't believe) you won't disappoint me.

Monkey and I are on a trek around Texas...well...just Austin and Houston. I'll put pics up later. Peace.

Here is Jim and I at an Astros game.

No comments:

Post a Comment